The UAN was introduced by the employees provident fund organization of India. It’s a 12 digits unique number that is issued by the employee provident fund organization to the employees. The number is used to identify employees till their retirement time. It’s quite similar to the PAN number, however, there are certain differences.
How the UAN is issued
The universal account number is given to each and every member of the provident fund and the same is provided to the employers so that they can easily download or pass it to their various employees.
A member can easily know his or her status once they have registered themselves successfully through the site.
Steps to followed when registering for the UAN
- After you get the universal account number from your employer, you should then visit or log on to the employees provident fund official website
- One can also use the below link so as to log onto the website http://uanmembers.epfoservices.in/
- Thereafter click onto the UAN activate registration option
- There you will then be directed to a new page that reads activate UAN registration
- Here you are needed to enter your own UAN then followed by your mobile number and the member ID
- You should make a selection of state as well as the office from the menu presented on the site
- Thereafter enter the available characters presented in an image – note that these characters are very important and sensitive
- Finally, you should click on get the PIN, this is needed so as to get authorization PIN on your mobile device number, which was submitted during the time of application
Once you have completed the above process, you will then immediately be directed to another page that will display important information such as the validation that the members credentials have been verified. On this page, you can easily come up with a password so as to login into this portal. Take note that the password should not be forgotten, it is very important.
This way you can access facilities which have been mentioned in the member portal. It is also important to take note that the UAN will be used throughout your working career.
You never forget your username as well as you issued password. You will afterwards receive a message immediately after registration.
Once you have logged onto the site there are several other options available for you to look at. Below are some of the options
- File transfer claim
- View status linking
- Edit email ID
- Change password
- View FAQs
- Help desk E-mail ID
- Helpdesk number for the EPFO official website
- Enter details that are personal
- List of previous member ID
- Transfer status claim system generated
- Download UAN card or passbook
- Once you have updated or actually edited or made the necessary changes or checked on the current UAN status
Registration is quite easy and simple to accomplish. You are only required to follow the outlined above process carefully and keenly and you will comfortably access the kind of information you need